The SESF committee is responsible for recommending allocations of the revenues collected from the students environmental sustainability fee. These allocations should direct the College’s sustainability and environmental program investments based on the College’s mission and goals, strategic plan, and with the following objectives:
- Broaden or enhance the quality of students’ academic experience by integrating sustainability into their curriculum;
- Promote student’s commitment to minimize global warming emissions by supporting the institution’s comprehensive plans to achieve climate neutrality;
- Provide leadership in our communities and throughout society by modeling ways to minimize global warming emissions towards a thriving, ethical and civil society.
Tasks of the Committee: Committee will develop or implement a review process for SESF allocation that will
- Promote awareness of fee & call for proposals
- Review proposals
- Make recommendations for budget allocation to the ASG Board of Directos
For a detailed look at the document governing the operation of the SESF Committee see the SESF Policy (pdf file).
The SESF committee is designed so that students chair the committee and hold the majority vote, however, it contains representation from all the major groups on campus (staff, faculty and administration), as well as non-voting advisors.
SESF committee 2012-2013:
- Mackenzie Williamson, ASG Environmental and Social Responsibility Representative (Committee Chair, Voting)
- Takhmina Dzhuraeva, ASG President (Voting)
- Alvin Loong , SSA President or designee (Voting)
- Alex Clark, Student-at-large appointed by the ASG president (Voting)
- Michael Hanson, Faculty member appointed by Faculty Union (Voting)
- Susan Hampson, Classified Staff appointed by Classified Union (Voting)
- Dexter Johnson, Administrative representative appointed by VP of Administration (Voting)
- Faisal Jaswal, Director of Student Programs (Non-voting)
- Robert Viens, Environmental Advisory Committee Representative (Non-voting)
- ASG Chief Justice or Judicial Board Designee (Non-voting)
- Deric Gruen, Sustainability and Resource Conservation Manager (Non-voting)