Fall Quarter is coming up quick! Now is the time to consider how you can integrate sustainability in your sections. Here are a few resources and ideas:
- Sustainability Teaching and Learning Guide: See what your colleagues in the integrating workshop have done, link to BC and other colleges materials and syllabi, find faculty in your department teaching sustainability.
- Faculty Sustainability Reps: Get one-on-one assistance from the Rep from your division.
- Sustainability in Syllabi: Let your students know what they expect from you and in terms of class practices and the college’s sustainability goals.
- Class visits: Sophia Trinh, our Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator would be happy to present a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation to your class. The presentation will inform students about Sustainability at Bellevue College, the Student Environmental Sustainability Fund, and how they can use these resources to get involved in projects on, and off campus. If you would like a class visit, please email her at Sophia.firstname.lastname@example.org with your class time, and room number.
- Service Learning / Volunteering: On-Campus: There are numerous small projects on campus that can advance sustainability in exciting ways. This year we will be generate projects on an on-going basis. Off-Campus: We connect with local organizations to provide students with hands-on experience. The list of organizations is growing, and we hope to advertise these opportunities by fall-quarter. One-Time Special Events: As opportunities become available, we advertise for great events that we and other organizations post.
- Fall Integrating Sustainability Workshop: We will be offering this popular workshop again starting in November.