Here are upcoming events for the month of February:
1. Professional Development Day: Going Green Together – 2/18 – 10:15-11:45 – C120B
Classified Staff – Bellevue College is a finalist for national Climate Leadership Award. Find out what’s been happening, from solar panels to LED lighting to electric vehicle chargers (including a Nissan LEAF you can check-out!). The session will put perspective on our role on the planet, speak what we’re doing and to how to get involved on campus and resources for sustainable living. The session may include a walking tour if the weather is decent.
2. Environmental Lobby Day - 2/19 – 7:30-5:00 – Olympia
Students – Join Bellevue College students and 24 of the state’s leading conservation groups to push for the passage of the Environmental Priorities Coalition’s 2013 legislative agenda. We need you in Olympia on February 19, 2013, to garner the support of all three of your state legislators by using your power of persuasion as you meet face-to-face with them. For more on the legislative priorities visit http://depts.bellevuecollege.edu/sustainability/sustainability-advocacy/
3. Sustainability Open House – 2/21 – 12:30-1:30 – C212
Everyone – Come join Sustainability in Student Programs to get to know our staff, learn more about our purpose, and to get a rundown on current and future projects. Share your ideas and get involved!
4. Wellness Week: Food Q&A – 2/25- 1:30-2:00 – D104
Faculty/Staff – Q&A with Food Services on Sustainable Foods.
5. Wellness Week: De-Stress Your Commute – 2/26 – 11:30-12:30 – D104
Faculty/Staff – Learn about Vanpooling, Telecommuting, and the benefits they can have on your health and well being.
6. Wellness Week: A Year of Nothing New – 2/28 – 11:30-12:30 – D104
Faculty/Staff – Sightline staffer Anna Fahey started 2012 with a bold resolution: to buy nothing new for a whole year. Hear about how it went and consider the lessons for your own life.
7. Environmental Advocacy Priorities Event – 3/12