WeCar has gone electric.
College employees can now check-out the electric Nissan LEAF WeCar online for college business use.
Register today, get you member card, make a reservation and go!
When using the LEAF plan for trips under 80 miles round-trip or identify a charger at your destination. Make sure you “plug-in” the LEAF when you return. Use the info on the Blink charge card in the vehicle to start the charging.
Complete the Business Use Agreement
Before you make a reservation you must complete a WeCar Business Use Agreement acknowledging you are over 21 years old, you are a Bellevue College employee and that you will be responsible for additional fees and charges incurred beyond the standard reservation.
Become a WeCar Business Use Member
Go to the WeCar Business Membership website to become a member. You will be contacted by a WeCar representative to show or send a copy of your license to confirm membership.
Select Your Mode of Travel
Before making a reservation, review the Local Travel Guidelines Chart (pdf) to assure you are using the most cost effective mode of travel for your trip’s distance and duration. For day trips that are short in distance and long hours use mileage reimbursement and for overnight trips use Enterprise Rental Car or mileage reimbursement through a travel requisition.
You are responsible for assuring that your trip is authorized by the budget authority under which the trip will be allocated before taking your trip.
Prepare Reservation Information
Reservations are made for a minimum of 1 hour in 1/2 increments and must include a budget number in the memo line.
Go to the WeCar Business Travel Reservation website to complete your reservation.
Confirmation Email – Budget Authority – Finance
- Forward each confirmation email to the appropriate budget authority for their “OK”. Be certain there is a budget number listed.
- Have the budget authority email the confirmation to Finance at WeCar@bellevuecollege.edu with their approval and copy you.
- If proper authorization does not reach Finance you may be responsible for the charges.
College Business Rates (includes fuel):
- $45.54 for 24hrs
- $91.08 Weekend
+ tax, includes rebate
Personal Rates (includes fuel):
- $35 overnight
- $55 Weekend (Fri 6pm to Mon 8am)
DO’s and DON’TS
- Make your reservation with plenty of room to return on time. Returning the vehicle late costs $50.00 and your reservation costs only what you actually use, not what you reserve. Running late? Call 877-599-3227 to reduce the penalty.
- Use your electronic key card to open your rental and close your rental. Use the vehicle keys to lock the vehicle during your reservation period.
- Refuel at below the vehicle when below ¼ tank ONLY using the credit card included in the vehicle and your member ID.
- Return the vehicle late.
- Lock the doors when you finish your reservation. Leave the keys inside the glove compartment and use your key card to closeout the reservation and lock the vehicle.
Visit the WeCar site on the MyBC Travel Site for instructions