Students of Color Conference Program
Washington State Multicultural Student
Services Directors’ Council
24th Annual Students of Color Conference
“I AM, Living Social Justice Through Creative Resistance”
Yakima Convention Center, Yakima, WA
Thursday – Saturday, April 17-19th, 2014
Dear MSSDC Member/Advisor:
Congratulations on your decision to take students to the 24th Annual Students of Color Conference sponsored by the Multicultural Student Services Directors Council. This year’s conference, “I AM, Living Social Justice Through Creative Resistance” will be in Yakima, Washington from Thursday – Saturday, April 17-19th, 2014.
In an effort to improve our registration process and to better assist you in preparing for the Conference, we have organized the Conference materials as follows:
- Online Registration Packet
- College AND Student/Advisor Online Registration
- Payment Instructions
- Document Checklist – provides information about registration documents that must be returned during onsite registration
- Onsite check-In Instructions – provides information on how to check in on the day of the conference
- Pre-Conference Meeting Packet:
- Briefing Instructions – in order for students to get the most out of their conference experience, we highly suggest that each institution have a meeting with students prior to attending the conference. Here we provide details on how to do this and suggestions about what to cover during this meeting.
- Student forms that need to be discussed with, distributed, and signed by students.
- Conference agenda and keynote speakers information
If you have any questions about this process or any of the documents, please contact Larissa Tikhonova at email@example.com or (425)352-8143.
Again, it is our privilege to host the 24th Annual Students of Color Conference with you and your students as our honored guest. We are very enthusiastic about your attendance and participation!
2014 Students of Color Conference Planning Committee
Multicultural Student Services Directors’ Council