The Central Sound Regional Science & Engineering Fair (CSRSEF) is an annual science and engineering competition for 9th-12th grade students in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. The CSRSEF encourages and rewards innovative student research and provides professional scientists and engineers the chance to interact with some of the best and brightest young students in the greater Seattle/Everett region.
The overarching goal of the CSRSEF is to encourage students in their studies of science, technology, engineering, and math, and to explore career opportunities in technical fields. Specifically, the CSRSEF is working to:
- Support effective STEM education to ensure future economic vitality and quality of life in the state, region, and nation.
- Provide a continuous supply of highly trained technologists to meet the workforce demands of Washington State’s STEM driven economy.
- Provide and maintain resources to help K-12 schools in King and Snohomish Counties build the capacity needed to increase competency in STEM education
- Encourage business leaders, scientific institutions, and K-12 educational institutions to support and encourage the study of STEM fields
Participation in science fair stimulates student’s interest in science and technology while simultaneously promoting the development of communication, decision making, evaluation of alternative solutions, and critical thinking.
For more information about the Central Sound Regional Science & Engineering Fair, please contact the fair director.
Program Manager, Science and Math Institute
Scientific Review Committee/Institutional Review Board (SRC/IRB)
The CSRSEF Scientific Review Committee and Institutional Review Board (SRC/IRB) is a group of adults knowledgeable about regulations concerning experimentation. All student projects involving human subjects, vertebrate animals, potentially hazardous biological agents, hazardous materials, and DEA-controlled substances MUST receive SRC/IRB approval BEFORE beginning their projects.
The CSRSEF SRC/IRB consists of the following members:
- the CSRSEF director
- One biomedical scientist (Ph.D.)
- One science teacher
- One school administrator
- and one psychologist
Contact the fair director at email@example.com for a list of current SRC/IRB committee members.