Since our last update we have continued to make progress in the process of choosing a new president for Bellevue College.
- The Presidential Search Advisory Committee met on September 30 and provided lots of useful input into the presidential profile. Many thanks to all who participated in this and in the forums and polls. Many of you participated in the campus surveys or in other ways let your colleagues on the committee know your ideas and preferences.
- On October 5 the Board of Trustees adopted the presidential profile, a copy of which is posted on the presidential search web page.
- An advertisement was developed and is appearing in the October 14 Chronicle of Higher Education along with other on line postings.
- Our search consultant Greenwood/Asher is busy contacting individuals and institutions across the country to determine who might be interested in this wonderful opportunity.
- We have networked with people across the country and found a remarkable interest in assisting us to identify potential candidates.
- Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled, but for best consideration should be submitted by November 25.
- The presidential search web site provides additional information on the process, the position profile, an announcement that we are soliciting applications and nominations with Greenwood/Asher contact information, and a lot of other information that the college community would also find interesting. Please consult the web site, and consider making nominations to Greenwood/Asher of individuals who might be interested in the position. The web site is http://bellevuecollege.edu/presidentsearch/
The timeline for the remainder of the search process up to naming a president and bringing that person on board remains to be fully developed and will be adjusted to meet the needs of the campus and the candidates. It is our hope that by the middle of the spring we will have named someone, but the exact timing remains to be determined.
In the meantime we continue to be interested in your thoughts, about the search process, about the challenges that we want the new president to prioritize or other matters that have to do with this vitally important choice for the college. We are excited by the initial response of individuals offering to help. We believe that Bellevue College offers a quality of faculty, staff , students and programs that makes our potential for the future one of the best in the country.
Thanks for your ongoing help.