To educate and empower all High School Program Students to help make informed, socially responsible decisions which lead to positive and healthy academic persistence and success.
The mission of Bellevue College High School Programs is to empower the intersection of identities of underage and high school students by offering educational opportunities, challenges, and resources which guide students to take control of their academic entry, progress, and completion.
HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS VALUES
- Visibility and Sustainability. Our belief is to enhance, improve visibility, and legitimize the value of High School Programs with the programs and services in which it offers.
- Commitment to All High School Communities. We believe that students who are marginalized and vulnerable require more comprehensive time, energy, and resources.
- Collaboration and Strategic Partnerships. We value partnering with campus-wide organizational units, practitioners, researchers, leaders and experts to promote, enhance, and sustain HS Programs.
- Methodological Process-Oriented Rigor. Support of rigorous methodological practices will verify and legitimate the voices and lived experiences of vulnerable and marginalized students. Strong and grounded context, input, and process methodologies will support and enhance High School Programs, services, and our operations.
- Data-Driven Business Practices. We believe that sound, innovative, strategic decision-making is grounded in fact and data-driven analysis.
- Inclusion through Intercultural Learning and Competence. We value individual and organizational introspective growth and development in building cultural competence which embrace the intersection of identities of students, which thereby inform our everyday work.
- Integrity and Transparency. We value transparency when it comes to organizational structure and function of High School Programs. We believe in running our organization with the highest degree of trust, competency, and professionalism with all of whom we partner and serve.