Resources for U.S. Military Veterans
- Continuing Education Resources for Veterans: http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/resources/veteran-continuing-ed/
- This resource provides veterans with information about using the money awarded to them by the GI Bill for a university education
- 10 Reasons to Hire Vets: http://www.veteranstoday.com/
- Here are 10 good reasons to hire a vet. Use these ideas to sell yourself to an employer in a cover letter or in a job interview.
- Hire a Hero: http://www.hireahero.org
- Includes a job board, transferable skills translator, mentoring opportunities, and other resources.
- Hire Vets First: http://hirevetsfirst.dol.gov/
- Search jobs, explore career and transition resources, search the military skills translator, get resume help, and find many other useful resources.
- Military Hire: http://www.militaryhire.com
- Resume writing and interviewing tips, job search, transition resources, salary information, and educational resources.
- Military.com: http://www.military.com
- Provides community connections, military news & benefits updates, career & education services, and more. Includes a transferable skills translator and a list of job fairs nationwide.
- Recruit Military: http://www.recruitmilitary.com
- Veteran-owned and operated firm that matches military veterans and military spouses with the vast opportunities America has to offer.
- The Riley Guide for U.S. Vets: http://rileyguide.com/vets.html
- Job-search advice, Wounded Warrior program information, salary & financial information, employment rights & assistance, information for activated reservists & reassigned military personnel, education & training support.
- Transition Assistance Online: http://taonline.com
- Search job ads, post resumes, and explore business and educational opportunities. Also includes Vet Rep and TAP Office locators.
- Veteran Employment: http://www.veteranemployment.com
- In partnership with Monster.com, veterans, active duty, guard and reserve can search for thousands of jobs for veterans from employers who value military experience. Plus a special section for security clearance jobs.
- Vets Jobs: http://vetjobs.com
- Various job-search and other resources for veterans and their spouses.