Sustainability Research Internship
Position Type: Internship
Employer: Sustainable Business Consulting (SBC)
Compensation Amount: $12.50 hour
Sustainable Business Consulting (SBC) is a Seattle-based consulting firm whose goal is to lead and inspire business to change the world.
We are looking for an independent, hard-working, motivated intern with a “can do” attitude who wants to learn about business & sustainability. We are in the process of helping build out online learnings on sustainability and area looking for a highly motivated individual to help us with the following:
Internship Job Responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-depth research and analyses on a variety of key sustainability issues
- Researching case studies, readings, and articles around Sustainability and how it relates to 8 different course criteria
- Support the creation of powerpoint presentations and supporting in-person speaking engagements
- General Office Management
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed
- Proven research experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Business/Executive summary writing experience. Not just academic.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability as it applies to business management
- Proficient in MS Office suite and PowerPoint, Excel skills necessary
- Quick learner, willingness to take on any task (e.g. data entry, answering phones, whatever is needed)
- Solid work ethic, positive attitude, high standard of professionalism
Timeframe and Compensation
This internship is intended for college or recently graduated students who will be with us 18-20 hours per week for 4 months. Hours and workdays are flexible, but the intern must work in the office 2 days/week, with the 3rd day working remotely. We can work with you and your advisor to ensure you receive college credit for the internship if desired. The position runs from early August until mid-December.
The position is compensated at $12.50/hour. Sustainable Business Consulting is committed to teaching you about sustainable business and supporting your career development. Please do not apply if you are looking for a full-time position or if you are brand new to sustainability and know nothing about the topic.
Please e-mail your resume, a research sample and two references to:
Ruth Lee at Ruth[at]sustainablebizconsulting.com.
How to Apply
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".