Software Engineering Intern
Position Type: Internship
Employer: Spacelabs Healthcare
Compensation Amount: 0
Does your work make a difference? Ours does! Patients and their families count on the reliability of our innovative products every single day. Come be a part of it. Founded in 1958, Spacelabs developed the first vital signs monitoring for NASA astronauts culminating in Neil Armstrong wearing Spacelabs telemetry for the moon landing in 1969. We operate in three clinical sectors: patient monitoring and connectivity, anesthesia delivery and ventilation and diagnostic cardiology. Renowned for its open architecture interfacing, Spacelabs is able to connect to a host of hospital data management systems enabling easy flow and review of patient data. Our goal is to provide transformative solutions to aid and accelerate the clinician’s decision making process. Our Mission: To inspire the world to bring the best care experience to patients and families. One patient, one family, one smile at a time.
Spacelabs Healthcare provides Patient Monitoring, Anesthesia, and Diagnostic Cardiology solutions to clinicians and healthcare facilities in over 100 countries around the world. The R&D Applications Development group is chartered with developing new and innovative products running on industry standard Operating Systems, primarily Microsoft Windows.
Software Engineer Interns working within this group will have the opportunity to develop internal tools, automated systems and participate in design reviews to ensure safe and effective healthcare products.
NOTE: This is a 3-6 month internship, flexible hours.
- Work individually or as part of a small team to develop product components
- Design and implement development and service tools
- Review developer code
- Play a role in assuring product quality through the design, implementation and development of automated unit tests
- Generate engineering and design documentation as required
- Provide reports and presentations to management as required
- Develop code in C#/C/C++ Junior status or greater at an accredited University pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Ability to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions
- Highly motivated, strong initiative, self-directed
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving ability
- Fluent in the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a large, diverse environment
- Strong desire to help mankind through the use of technology
- Exposure to multiple development platforms and additional programming languages preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer EEO is the Law Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
How to Apply
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".