Marketing and Design Intern
Employer: Eastgate Congregational United Church of Christ
Compensation Amount: $10-$15
Approximate Hours Per Week: 8-16 hours
Eastgate Congregational Church – United Church of Christ is a very inclusive and welcoming church at Eastgate, about a mile from campus. We are in the process of revitalizing and renewing our image and community relations efforts. We are looking for an intern to help us with creating a marketing and branding plan and conducting intentional marketing.
Specifically, as part of this marketing effort, the intern would help create: 1) an easy-to-maintain-and-update website, 2) a brochure that we could use for visitors; 3) a social media marketing plan and kick-off 4) a new logo for the church.
Hours are flexible, and the duration of the internship will be determined jointly by the student and the church. We expect that the intern will work 8 to 16 hours per week for about 3 months, but we are open to other arrangements.
This is a great opportunity for a student or recent alum to gain experience in hands-on design and marketing work with a supportive organization.
Qualifications: Looking for a dedicated, organized, and motivated student or alum.
- Graphic or web design coursework or experience
- Strong writing skills and coursework or experience related to marketing, web content, journalism or communication
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other programs in the Adobe CS would be useful, as would experience with Microsoft Publisher
- Experience with WordPress or other easy-to-use web content management systems is highly valued
- We would love a student who can think creatively and strategically about branding and outreach strategies, and previous experience in these arenas would be ideal.
How to Apply
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".