Marketing and Communications Internship
Position Type: Part-time Job
Employer: Pacific Northwest Economic Region
Compensation Amount: $12-20 DOE
Approximate Hours Per Week: 20-40 hours
The Pacific NorthWest Economic Region (PNWER) is a statutory public-private non-profit that
addresses a broad range of topics and issues that affect our NW economy, security and
environment. This truly unique non-profit is the only regional planning and facilitation
organization set up in statute by five US states and three Canadian provinces and two territories
to deal with trans-boundary policy and planning. PNWER works to increase the economic wellbeing
and quality of life for all citizens of the region by coordinating provincial and state
policies, identifying and promoting “models of success” and serving as a conduit to exchange
information. PNWER is based in Seattle, WA and is located on the waterfront in the World
PNWER seeks a motivated individual who is interested in cross-border policy and planning and
is excited about the prospect of making the NW a better place to live and do business.
PNWER’s office currently has eight employees and several interns. This is a rare opportunity
for an innovative and creative individual to interact with high level decision makers in the binational
region. You will learn a great deal about the unique differences between Canadian and
US systems of government and you will play a major role in providing support to PNWER
officers and staff.
This position involves but is not limited to:
- Developing content for electronic newsletters
- Design and layout of print marketing materials, conference brochures, reports, schedules and programs
- Assisting with PNWER’s marketing and media strategy
- Developing content and maintaining/updating information on the website
- Assist CEO/COO with some administrative tasks and preparing correspondence
- Oversee some admin tasks such as database management, fielding phone calls, maintenance of office supplies, printing and filing.
- Assist in coordinating PNWER working groups, conference calls, and scheduling meetings
How to Apply:
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".