Guest Services Associate (Tu-Th)
Position Type: Part-time Job
Employer: Bellevue Arts Museum
Compensation Amount: DOE
The Guest Services Associate provides excellent customer service while welcoming, assisting and orienting Bellevue Arts Museum guests. This staff person generates financial support for BAM by selling admissions, promoting and selling new and renewing memberships and communicating exhibition and program information to guests. In this highly visible position, the Guest Services Associate provides the important first impression of the Museum to the public via the phone and in-person. She/He also records and tracks attendance, processes the daily mail, assists with mailings and maintains and orders office supplies. The Guest Services Associate reports to the Development and Membership Manager as part of the Development team.
- Welcome and greet all museum guests and sell admissions
- Provide positive contact with all visitors and ensure their questions and concerns are addressed
- Promote and sell memberships and membership renewals to visitors
- Maintain daily log of visitors, keep a balanced and accurate till, record membership transactions and run daily reports using Museum databases
- Answer phone and direct calls appropriately
- Update the phone exhibition listing every time an exhibition opens or closes
- Keep up to date about current and upcoming exhibitions, events and programs in order to knowledgably inform guests
- Explain and adhere to membership guidelines
- Keep front desk area clean and organized and regularly restock brochures and other materials at guest services area
- Assist with museum mailings and other projects as needed
- Direct vendors, log package deliveries and notify appropriate staff
- Be aware of the daily schedule for programs, events, meetings and direct guests, trustees, docents, volunteers accordingly
- Process Auction donation requests and assist with other Development department projects as required
- Assist with Museum events on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".