Event Checker Attendant
Position Type: Part-time Job
Compensation Amount: $13 hour
Approximate Hours Per Week: 25 hours
We have a few select openings for event checkers in downtown Seattle. Person is responsible for checking cars into lots for sporting and specialty events held at Century Link and SAFECO fields. Person will collect money and issue event parking passes. Great side job for anyone looking for additional income and able to work a flexible schedule
START DATES: May/June
LOCATION OF LOTS: 1 mile radius around Century Link and SAFECO fields.
REQUIRED to be considered for this job:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid Car Insurance
• Able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
• No more than 2 driving violations on your MVR in the past 3 years
• Reliable transportation — you MUST have your own car for this position
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS:
• Any felony conviction in the past involving acts against a person, theft, or drugs (regardless of when occurred)
• Any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor conviction in the past involving acts against a person, theft, or drugs (including alcohol)
• Any criminal conviction (ex: reckless driving, negligence, driving while license suspended, etc.)
• Three or more traffic infractions within the past 3 years (ex: speeding violations, expired tabs or license, defective equipment, etc.)
• Invalid driver’s license (for positions requiring driving)
• Any pending criminal charges (before disposition)
• Any DUI/DWI conviction
• Any candidate under the age of 18
Other key traits for this position:
• DEPENDABLE, DEPENDABLE, DEPENDABLE
• Customer Service focused
• No problem working outside at any time of the year
• Independent worker
• Strong communication skills
• Solid basic math skills
• Arrive 3 hours prior to event and usher cars into lot collecting cash and issuing parking passes.
• Accurately inventory parking lot, recording and crediting vehicles for payments received and noting vehicles displaying valid permits.
• Issue parking violation and “parking owed” notices to vehicles without payment or valid permit, accurately recording vehicle information as required
• Provide excellent customer service to customers, vendors, co-workers and managers.
The shifts available are based primarily on home games for the Seattle Mariners and Seattle Sounders. Most shifts are 4-5 hours in duration and typically start at 4 or 5pm. The events are held on different days of the week depending on the home game schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply:
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".