DOL/Alcoa Foundation Grants Project Coordinator
Employer: Bellingham Technical College
Compensation Amount: $3,510
Approximate Hours Per Week: 40 hours
Bellingham Technical College invites applications for a temporary, grant-funded, FLSA and union-exempt, at-will position, reporting to the Building Nursing Pathways Project Manager. This position combines two .5 FTE grant coordination assignments and is anticipated to be full-time for two years, and then decrease to .5 FTE in the final year.
The first .5 Project Coordinator assignment will focus on facilitating grant and participant processes necessary to support the nursing employment pathway developed by BTC’s U.S. Dept. of Labor: Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training: Building Nursing Pathways grant. This position is based out of Bellingham Technical College, but may require some travel to regional employer partners. This position is expected to start on January 2, 2014 and end on September 30th, 2016.
The second.5 Project Coordinator assignment will focus on facilitating grant and participant processes and training necessary to facilitate the student internship project developed by BTC’s Alcoa Foundation: Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth. This position is based out of Bellingham Technical College, but will require travel to regional employer partners. This position is expected to start on or before January 2, 2014 and end on September 15, 2015.
Building Nursing Pathways PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
This project will provide a streamlined nursing employment pathway by developing an Associate Degree in Nursing, a Medication Assistant certificate, a targeted option for Licensed Practical Nurses seeking further education and an accelerated pathway to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion. The project will enable BTC to: create a Simulation Laboratory; redesign clinical experiences; transform existing curriculum approaches; create technology-enhanced classrooms; answer employer demand for highly-skilled registered nurses; and address barriers for TAA-eligible, veterans and other targeted student populations.
Internships for Unemployed Youth PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
This project will create a paid internship program for students ages 18-24 who are enrolled in BTC’s manufacturing programs. Through BTC’s Instructional, Academic and Career Advising and Contract Training areas, the College’s existing strong connections with regional small to mid-sized manufacturing employers will be utilized and strengthened to help place eligible students in internship opportunities. The internship program will include both internship experiences and training in workforce readiness, career exploration and job search skills.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with monitoring and facilitating grant activities and outcomes;
- Assist with monthly and quarterly grant reporting;
- Develop a working knowledge of the College’s Admissions, Registration, Academic & Career Advising, Assessment, and Financial Aid department policies and processes;
- Work with key College staff and administrators to monitor all student and program billing and payment operations;
- Train students in workforce readiness and employability skills;
- Process grant invoices and bills;
- Develop and maintain database and case files of all student participants for reporting and tracking grant outcomes;
- Work with appropriate college staff and administrators to monitor and support student academic progress;
- Work with other grant staff to coordinate outreach, recruitment, and orientation processes and materials;
- Work with appropriate college staff and administrators to monitor and assist with student application processes, financial planning, and registration;
- Develop and provide various reports and updates for grant partners as well as other organizations that serve the interests of the partners and/or grants;
- Occasional travel to regional college and industry partners; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
- Go to CONNECT website
- Ater setting up and logging into your CONNECT account, click on the "Search for Jobs and Internships" button and "Bellevue College CONNECT!" from the drop down list.
- Scroll down to the search box and type the position ID for this position into the Keywords box and select "Search".