Career-oriented classes, workshops, and orientations offered this fall quarter
Did you know that Center for Career Connections offers classes that qualify for college credit? Did you also know that each quarter we have multiple workshops and orientations focused to ensure that your can develop and practice your career skills. We hope that you know about these great offers and had the chance to attend them, but in case you missed these opportunities you are now ready to take advantage of them.
During the fall quarter our Center will offer the following career classes:
- Resume and Interviewing Strategies – EXPRL 220 (2 credits)
- Academic Internship Experience – EXPRL 191, 192, 193 (1-5 credits)
- Career Transitions (Non-Credit)
These classes are great opportunities to prepare and practice your career skills. Our classes are usually designed to work with the student’ already busy schedule, and are usually held as a 2 weekend class. Please check the current class schedule for more details.
Also, we offer many workshops that had great success in the past. They introduce you to the services offered by Center for Career Connections and can be a good first-step or refresher. This quarter we are introducing a few workshops that are designed with veterans, and persons with disabilities in mind.
- Mock Interviews
- Cover Letter Strategies
- Salary Negotiation
- Are you LinkedIn?
- Networking & the Hidden Job Market: Tapping Into Unadvertised Jobs
- Using Social Networks to Find a Job
- New – Job Search for Immigrants
- New – Resume Writing for Veterans
- New – Job and Internship Search Strategies for Veterans
- New – Federal Jobs & Internships for Students with Disabilities
Please check the current workshop schedule for more details.